Volunteers make a huge impact at Robinson Memorial Hospital. Come in any entrance, and chances are that the first person you meet will be a volunteer, as they provide patient information and directions around the hospital. Check in for surgery, and a volunteer greets you and welcomes your family or friends. It may be a volunteer who answers your call light and gets you that warm blanket, or escorts your family member to your room in the Emergency Department.
Volunteers are recognized as a vital link between Robinson Memorial Hospital and the communities we serve, as they assist our paid staff in delivering high quality, caring service.
What does Robinson Memorial Hospital offer in return?
To become a volunteer, you will need to:
- A caring environment, where volunteers are respected and appreciated
- A great place to meet others who are interested in giving back
- An opportunity to learn and explore possible career interests
- A site for student internships
- Letters of reference for high school or college students after commitment of 50 hours per year is met
- Did we mention lots of appreciation?
- Interview with Volunteer Services once references are checked
- Fulfill health and immunization requirements (all volunteer candidates must comply with TB testing and immunization requirements including an influenza vaccination)
- Complete a criminal background check (18 years and older)
- Attend a 3.5 hour volunteer hospital orientation
The Volunteer Services department of Robinson Memorial Hospital is dedicated to creating a customer-friendly atmosphere for those we serve by involving members of our community. We do this through maximizing individual abilities, and providing meaningful assignments and adequate training.
You may apply by printing out our application document and returning it to Volunteer Services or click the blue button.